Mirror Edge Networks is proud to have been appointed by our client to design, build and install this stunning Dolby Atmos Home Cinema in Camps Bay, Cape Town.
Our project started in July with various demonstration and design meetings to better understand our clients home cinema needs and expectations. We agreed on a technical home cinema specification and budget and were tasked to deliver the project by 1 September. We have detailed the behind the scenes build of this home cinema on our blog too.
The cinema was designed to be comfortable, with all equipment and electronics installed within the cinema room.
The build process of the cinema room took place over 3 weeks, with 1 week of equipment installation and 2 days of equipment setup and calibration.
The cinema features a “room within a room” acoustic build. This is a baton, mineral fibre, drywall construction that reduces noise and sound from leaking into other rooms of the house. This type of construction was also chosen to shape the acoustic features of the home cinema, as well as being the base for installing the in-wall Wisdom Audio speakers.
The cinema is finished with acoustic fabric walls that hide acoustic treatment for a beautiful home cinema apearance.
To complete the look of this stunning home cinema Flexform sofas were installed as the home cinema seats.
From a technical perspective, this home cinema features the following electronics:
- 9.1.4 Wisdom Audio speaker configuration
- Wisdom Audio L8i (LCR) – Speakers for the front of the cinema room
- Wisdom Audio P2i – Speakers for surround sound
- Wisdom Audio IC7s – in-ceiling speakers for Dolby Atmos
- Wisdom Audio S90i Subwoofers
- Trinnov Altitude 32-16 surround sound processor
- 2 x Trinnov Amplitude 8 – amplifiers for all surround sound speakers
- Wisdom Audio SA2 subwoofer amplifier
- Barco Balder 4k HDR laser projector
- Oppo 203 Bluray player
- DT Screens Frontier acoustically transparent projection screen
- Crestron MC3 control system with HR150 hand held remote control
- Apple TV 4k 64gb
- 2 x Furman Elite 16i – Power surge protectors to ensure all equipment is kept safe.
A detailed day by day breakdown of the room build process can be found on our blog:
To view the summary video of the room build you may visit the video on YouTube:
The cinema is a Christiaan Beukes, Sphere Custom Design. Built by Mirror Edge Networks and Sphere Custom Design.
(Project timeline 6 weeks)