The electricians have started to make progress on the Waterfront Conduit Installation for project we are working on.
We have settled on the following specification for data points in the apartment. This dictates our cabling requirements as follows:
- Yellow – HDBaseT (High Definition Video over CAT6 Cable)
- Blue – POE network (for any device that would require power over ethernet)
- Grey – Standard network termination
In each room we have the following:
1 Yellow, 1 Blue, 1 Grey.
In the study we have network points installed for a desktop computer and for a printer. As well as a network point for a Network connected hard drive (or NAS).
The television equipment is going to be installed on the right of the room, here we will house the following equipment:
- 2 x DSTV Decoders
- 1 x Apple TV
- 1 x Bluray DVD player
- Crestron MC3 Controller
- CYP 4×6 Video matrix (HDBaseT)
This equipment will be installed in a pull out and rotate Middle Atlantic equipment rack.
On the left side will be our networking equipment:
- 1 x 24 port network switch (with POE ports)
- Crestron Multizone amplifier
- Apple Airport Express
- Ubiquiti Wifi Access point
This equipment will also be installed in a Middle Atlantic pull and rotate rack for ease of service later on.
Two 32mm conduit pipes link the two equipment cabinets to each other.
Seeing our conduits being installed is always great and a sure sign of progress on the building site.